The interdisciplinary nature of the MES allows students with diverse undergraduate backgrounds to apply.
All applicants must:
- hold an undergraduate degree,
- have successfully completed a college algebra course (MAT 115 or equivalent), and
- meet the minimum standards for admission to graduate study at KSU.
The MES Graduate Admissions Committee will use the following materials for admission consideration:
- Application form with a letter outlining the applicant’s goals and career objectives.
- Official copies of all transcripts mailed directly from the applicant’s undergraduate institution.
- Official GRE scores.
- Official TOEFL score (international students only).
- Three professional and/or academic letters of recommendation.
- All application materials should be mailed to the Office of Graduate Studies, Kentucky State University, Frankfort, KY 40601.
Regular admission requires:
- submission of all materials,
- undergraduate GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 point scale,
- GRE minimum combined score of 800
- TOEFL score of 500 (international students only).
Provisional admission may be granted for up to one semester to applicants who cannot provide all necessary documents but otherwise meet admission criteria. Students admitted on a provisional basis must meet all regular admissions requirements or complete 9 hours of graduate study with at least a 3.0 GPA during their first semester.
Non-degree admission may be granted to students who do not intend to seek the MES degree but wish to enroll in MES courses, provided they hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 point scale.