(6 credit hours)
Toward the end of the program, each student undertakes an independent research exercise that demonstrates the student's mastery of the subject matter. The capstone project is less comprehensive than a traditional master's thesis, but documents the student's ability to:
- define a research question;
- design a protocol to address the question;
- acquire data necessary to clarify or resolve the question;
- critically assess the quality of the data;
- draw defensible conclusions; and
- communicate the process and conclusions to professional colleagues with clarity and precision.